We first had this meal when my mom was here just after Kate was born. So good and really easy to put together as evidenced by the fact that I've been able to repeat this meal after our family reinforcements left! This recipe has a ton of flavor and is good for you too!
Chicken Breast Saute Puttanesca- Style
1.24 lbs uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tsp unsalted butter
3 medium garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
10 medium olives, black, sliced
1 Tbsp capers, rinsed and drained
14 oz canned diced tomatoes
1. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Cook chicken in skillet until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Flip and continue cooking just until chicken is cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
3. Melt the butter in the same skillet and add garlic and red pepper flakes; stir over the heat for 30 seconds.
4. Stir in the olives and capers; pour in the tomatoes. Bring to a simmer and scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the skillet.
5. Reduce the heat to low and simmer slowly until just slightly reduced; about 3 minutes.
6. Return the chicken to the skillet along with any accumulated juices and cook until warmed, about 2 minutes.
Time to lose the baby weight! 1 chicken breast and 1/3 cup sauce is just 4 points.