Monday, December 14, 2009

Muffins...or Dessert?

I'm not sure whether these muffins should really be labeled dessert. I'm also not sure why it matters to me since I've never been one that struggled with eating dessert for breakfast. Though Mom, if you're reading this, I don't do that now that I'm pregnant, I promise. Nothing but wholesome, well rounded, get your day going right breakfasts these days!


So technically, these pumpkin cream cheese muffins were labeled cupcakes in the original recipe. But in my world, no frosting = muffin. And these sour cream coffee cake muffins have "cake" in the name. Regardless, these sweet treats will happily disappear from your breakfast table or dessert table. I wish the sour cream coffee cake muffins would have risen a little better...but what they lacked in looks they made up for in flavor.



I packed some up for some good friends and brought the rest in to work for my coworkers (who doesn't like to start a Monday morning with an unexpected treat?!). I left the ones for friends in muffin tins, tied them up with a bow with a homemade ornament attached and was all set to make my Christmas deliveries. So easy if you are looking for some last minute ideas!


1 comment:

Abby said...

YUM. I love muffins masquerading as breakfast (when they should really be dessert!)

And you're better than me. Sometimes when I was pregnant all I could handle was a milkshake or a donut!