Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Ravioli Bake

Unfortunately, this post will have to go up without a photo. Quite honestly, the meal was gone by the time I remembered to take a picture! This is so ridiculously simple but really hits the spot!

All you need is 1 large package of frozen cheese ravioli (frequently on sale at Super Target), 1 jar of spaghetti sauce, 1 can of diced tomatoes (I like the kind that are seasoned with basil, garlic and oregano), 1/4 cup zesty Italian dressing, and about a cup of shredded cheese (I used an Italian blend I had on hand but plain mozzarella would be great too).

Pour the spaghetti sauce into a 9x13 inch baking pan. Stir in the diced tomatoes (undrained) and the Italian dressing. Add ravioli and stir gently to coat the pasta. Cover with foil and bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes (this baking time is if you thawed the frozen ravioli...if it is frozen bake for 50-60 minutes). You can just test the ravioli for tenderness to be sure it is done. Remove from oven and sprinkle with a cup of cheese. Let stand for just a minute so the cheese can get melty and serve!

This makes a nice alternative to plain ol' spaghetti but might just be even easier to make! And only uses one pan which makes clean up easy too. I like this for evenings when I have a meeting or Bible study because I can mix it up before I go, and then Jake can pop it in the oven in time to be ready when I get home!

No comments: