Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Crockpot Chili

Here's a great recipe I recommend making over the weekend and then reheating during the week for an easy dinner...it gets better the longer it sits! And since it involves using the crockpot, it's really an easy dinner no matter when you make it! I think I may have an unhealthy obsession with my crockpot...but that's for another post.




Corny Chili Recipe
(Source: Taste of Home)


1 pound ground beef (I used turkey)
1 small onion, chopped
1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
3/4 cup picante sauce
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Corn chips, sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese, optional

(I also threw in a can of chili style beans and used the zesty chili flavored diced tomatoes)

1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
2. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, corn, picante sauce, chili powder and garlic powder. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Serve with corn chips, sour cream and cheese if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.

1 comment:

Abby said...

I LOVE using the crockpot. And chilis are great for that one simple reason: They're even better as leftovers! Two great tips for busy ladies!