Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Meatballs Made Easy

I've had spaghetti and meatballs on my "to do" list for ages. My husband loves them, but I have a hard time getting motivated to go through all that effort when I'm just as happy with a regular ol' meat sauce. So when I saw the 4 ingredient meatballs in the lastest Kraft Food & Family magazine, I figured now was as good a time as any to cross them off the list.

I substituted ground turkey for ground beef and went ahead and made the tomato basil cream sauce to go with the meatballs. They were fabulously easy to make and really quite good too. We liked them best in meatball subs...that's one of the great things about meatballs is plenty of leftovers and ways to use them!

2 lb. ground beef
1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
1-1/4 cups water
2 eggs

1. Heat oven to 400ºF.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray.
3. Mix ingredients until blended; shape into 32 (1-1/2-inch) balls, using 1/4 cup for each.
4. Place meatballs on prepared pan. Bake 16 to 18 min. or until done (160ºF).

I froze half of the meatballs which means I won't have to get psyched up to make them again any time soon...though with this easy recipe, I won't really have an excuse any more!

Here's the recipe for the Tomato-Basil Cream Sauce too:

Mix 1 jar (14 oz.) spaghetti sauce, 2 oz. cubed Cream Cheese and 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil in large skillet; cook on medium-low heat 3 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Add 16 hot meatballs; stir to evenly coat. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese before serving. Makes 4 servings, 4 meatballs and 1/3 cup sauce each.

2 comments:

Cam and Katie said...

Love this recipe! Made them last night....so nice that I could also freeze some to eat later.

Christie Stump said...

Yay! I'm so glad they turned out for you too! I'm pretty sure this is the only way I'll make meatballs from now on.