This breakfast could easily be prepped the night before and then just popped in the oven in the morning. Or you could just make it for dinner one night like I did. I skipped the parmesan topping and really didn't miss it. The best part is it is only 140 calories a serving...which is 1/4 of the monstrosity you see picture above!
Hungry Girl's Ginormous Oven-Baked Omelette
2 cups fat free liquid egg substitute
1/2 cup fat free milk
1/2 cup reduced fat shredded cheese (any flavor)
1 cup sliced bell peppers (I used red and green)
1 cup sliced mushrooms (skipped these)
1/2 cup sliced tomatoes
1/2 cup sliced onions
1 T reduced fat parmesan grated topping (skipped this)
3/4 t garlic powder
1/8 t black pepper
1. Spray a deep, round casserole dish with nonstick spray. Pour egg substitute and milk into the dish. Add shredded cheese, tomatoes, garlic powder and black pepper and stir until mixed well.
2. Bring a large pay sprayed with nonstick spray to high heat and saute peppers, onions, and mushrooms for 2 minutes or until they start to brown. Add the veggies to the casserole dish and mix.
3. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Remove and cover with parmesan cheese.
4. Return to oven to bake for 20-25 minutes more or until the omelette has puffed and is firm.
5. Allow to cool slightly before cutting into 4 slices.
I topped mine with hot sauce and served it with these butternut hashbrowns (surprisingly super tasty! with some ketchup on top they tasted like the real thing!).
Lastly, here's a picture of Deacon in his bad to the bone flaming bandana looking super tough.