Saturday, May 30, 2009

Eggless Breakfast Burrito


Picked up a bag of spinach at the store because its good for you and you figured you'd make several salads with it but now you're running dangerously close to the expiration date and don't know what to do with it? Maybe that just happens to me...anyway, these Hungry Girl Eggless Stuffed Breakfast Burritos were the perfect way to use up that spinach and get a healthy dose of veggies first thing in the morning!





1 large La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious Low Carb/High Fiber Tortilla


1 slice extra lean turkey bacon


2 cups fresh spinach leaves


1/3 cup diced mushrooms (I skipped these)


1/4 cup diced tomatoes


1/4 cup diced green bell pepper


2 T diced onion


1 wedge Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss Cheese


2 T shredded fat free cheddar cheese


1. Cut bacon into small bite sized pieces. Add to a small nonstick pan along with peppers, onions and mushrooms once the pan has been brought to medium high heat. Cook until bacon starts to crisp (about 5 minutes)


2. Add spinach and cook and stir until the leaves are wilted. Add shredded cheese and stir until just melted. Remove from heat.


3. Warm tortilla in the microwave for about 10 seconds and the spread cheese wedge on top. Evenly spoon spinach mixture on top of cheese and then add diced tomatoes. It'll look something like this...



4. Fold in the sides of the tortilla and carefully roll it up!


Just 199 calories and SO SO good!


2 comments:

Southern Gal said...

That happens to me w/spinach all the time!

I'm glad to see you're liking the HG recipes - personally I've not been a huge fan of very many of her recipes I've tried. Yeah, they're low in calories, but a lot of times I feel like, "but it doesn't taste good." The butternut squash fries, however, are AWESOME! In my lowly non-HG-liking opinion anyway :)

Hope you're well & YES! We LOVE Arigato Sushi!

Christie Stump said...

Haha, I hear you. I've definitely tried some duds...but they don't get posted! :) I'll have to try the butternut squash fries...if they're anything like the hashbrowns I'm sure they are excellent!!