Monday, April 6, 2009

Happy Easter!!


I saw these cakepops on Bakerella's blog a while ago and thought that there just couldn't be anything cuter! And then my friend Kara, blogged about her foray into the cupcake bite world and her results were just adorable too! So when I found myself with a long afternoon and a husband that was out of town, I figured I'd give it a shot!


I used red velvet cake and cream cheese frosting as suggested by Bakerella. These little chicks are not only adorably cute, but they also taste great! Usually when something is too cute or pretty to eat, it tastes pretty vile...not so with these little guys! I played Easter bunny today at work and passed these out and they got rave reviews!


Bakerella's site walks you through exactly how to do it...and has several other equally adorable ideas for Easter! So I wanted to go ahead and get this posted in case any of you want to give it a try before the holiday! Also, since it took me roughly 5 hours to put these together yesterday, I'll likely be staying out of the kitchen until it is time to eat Easter dinner!

5 comments:

Heather said...

When the cats away the mice will play! :) I am very impressed and wish that we had such a nice Easter bunny at my office! This is toooo cute! Alright, now stay out of the kitchen- you have invested 15 hours that I know of in the past week... but well worth it!

Kara said...

CUTE! WOW, these look JUST like Bakerella's... and that is meant to be a HUGE compliment. Worth every moment of those 5 hours.

Becky said...

Very very cute! You did a great job!

Maryanna said...

Great job. I also made these for Easter with strawberry cake.

~sharon said...

simply darling!