Thursday, March 12, 2009

Stuffed Peppers

I've tried and tried to find a stuffed peppers recipe that I really liked but they always seem to come up short. At the end of last week when I was rifling through the pantry to see what I could throw together for dinner, I found a box of Zatarain's black beans and rice that I had picked up on sale a while back. And then I remembered the spicy Italian chicken sausage I had in the freezer...and the red peppers sitting in the crisper....and I decided to give stuffed peppers another chance.


I followed this Zatarain's recipe and we both really loved the meal! The peppers stayed tender crisp and were a great accompaniment for the rice mix and spicy sauce. I don't know what they put in that seasonings packet with the beans and rice but it is so good! The bit of cheese on top didn't hurt anything either! So next time you see Zatarain's Buy One Get One Free, definitely give this recipe a try!

No comments: