Friday, March 20, 2009

Spuds and Studs

My dad makes THE best potato soup. I'm still not entirely sure how he does it...I should definitely get to the bottom of that...but trust me when I say it is the BEST. It is everything potato soup should be in terms of texture and taste.
This recipe is not in the same league...but it is quick, inexpensive, lowfat and tasty nonetheless. I topped ours with some turkey bacon and it tasted very similar to eating a loaded baked potato.


I'm finally at the bottom of my giant bag of potatoes I got on sale earlier this week....so back to non-potato fare next week, I promise!!

So that covers the spuds....now on to the stud!

Here's some recent pics of Deacon at 15 months old. We're not thinking he'll get any taller, but he'll continue to fill out a bit and continue getting his big boy coat until he is 2 years old. Which is a bit daunting since he already tips the scales at 82lbs.

The picture above is one of the few I've been able to capture where there hasn't been grass, twigs, or other various contraband hanging out of his mouth.


Doesn't he look so cute?! Stud may have been the wrong choice of words given his little surgical alteration a few months back. But I think you get my point...

1 comment:

Chuck said...

You are too kind to the old man. If I recall, I had a gallon of whole milk and a pound of bacon in the original recipe. I'm certain yours is better and better for you!