Tuesday, January 6, 2009

French Toast

I am loving the Hungry Girl website and most recently, the cookbook I ordered that compiles some of her best recipes. I love that it includes things like chili dogs, ultimate nachos and the french toast pictured below! In other words, things that aren't usually diet-friendly.

This french toast recipe is simple enough to be thrown together on a work morning and is amazingly good despite its simplicity. We've had it a couple times now and really like it topped with sugar free maple syrup, Fat Free ReddiWhip and fresh strawberries.

Here's how easy it is to make!

3 slices light bread (I used Nature's Own Light Honey Wheat)
1/3 cup egg beaters, original
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon (divided)
1 packet Splenda

Combine egg beaters with extract and half of the cinnamon. Dip the bread in the egg mixture to cover. Cook in a pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray until both sides are brown. Plate the french toast and sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon and the Splenda. Just 3 pts for 3 slices!

2 comments:

Heather said...

You have been busy! French toast before work? Wow...I am lucky to get a banana!

keLi said...

I took your advice (which I've only done sporadically in our friendship, I do realize) and pulled off the "Mama who makes french toast before work." My guys were shocked and awed. I know I should have given you props, but instead I took all of the credit for myself. Keep up the good work, and I will keep plagiarizing it.