Thursday, December 18, 2008

Festive Peppermint Bark

If you're looking for a last minute recipe to finish off those goodie plates for the neighbors or for an office holiday party, look no further! This Peppermint Bark couldn't be easier and it looks so festive....and it gets rave reviews! I brought this in to work with some other treats and was surprised at how many people asked for the recipe for this easy candy!

Paula Deen's Peppermint Bark


Crushed candy canes, to yield 1 cup (I used about 9 full-size canes)
2 pounds white chocolate (I used Ghiradelli white chocolate chips)
Peppermint flavorings, optional (I left this out)


1. Place candy canes in a plastic bag and hammer into 1/4-inch chunks or smaller.

2. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Combine candy cane chunks with chocolate (add peppermint flavoring at this point if desired.)

3. Pour mixture onto a cookie sheet layered with parchment or waxed paper and place in the refrigerator for 45 minutes or until firm. Remove from cookie sheet and break into pieces (like peanut brittle.)

2 comments:

Heather said...

This was so tasty, as were all of the treats you brought over! Thanks!!

Southern Gal said...

Yum! I will try this! The mint squares were so good by the way! When you compared Andes mints to Starlite mints I knew I had to try them!