Friday, October 24, 2008

YUM-O?

I'm not the biggest Rachael Ray fan. Her recipes are generally not my favorite and the few that I've tried just haven't really done much for me. I can't even really watch her show because it irks me that she abbreviates things but then always says the full name afterwards..."EVOO, extra virgin olive oil"....what's the point?!? She does have an excellent black bean chili recipe, however, that I'll have to get around to making and posting soon now that we're dipping below 80 here in the sunshine state!

When I saw this recipe for pork tenderloin with cheesy polenta, it was the polenta/blue cheese combo that piqued my interest. And that was definitely the star of this meal. The pan sauce really didn't add anything and the pork was really nothing special either.

Not exactly rave reviews, I know. But I do think the polenta is worth trying out...it would make a great side dish for steak instead of potatoes. It was so creamy and flavorful (I cut back on the amount of blue cheese slightly but definitely splurged and used the heavy cream).

Cheesy Polenta

1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup polenta
6 ounces blue cheese, crumbled

In a saucepan, bring 3 1/4 cups water and the cream to a boil and whisk in the polenta. Lower the heat to medium-low and cook, whisking, until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in the cheese; season with salt and pepper.

**Side note for those of you with furry family members: I may not be a big Rachael fan, but Deacon sure is! He loves this pet-friendly recipe...sans the figs (I don't like them so I figure he doesn't either). Though, when you eat the same thing every day...and that thing is kibble...you're probably not too picky!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Mrs. Bean would love the dog food... did you give him a homemade frosty paw for dessert?