Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Old Man Winter and Hot Sauce

It is 43 degrees right now in Orlando but it feels like 4o according to the National Weather Service. 43 DEGREES! And that's just the outside...my office is always kept at arctic type temperatures.

Deacon thinks the cold weather is the greatest thing in the world...which means I was bundled up like the kid in A Christmas Story yesterday after work when I took him outside to burn off some puppy energy.


The colder weather had me craving a dinner that would help us thaw out (I know that any of you reading this that live north of Orlando think I'm being overly dramatic about our "cold" weather...but come on! My time in Florida has given me zero tolerance for any temperatures under 60). And ever since making Buffalo Salmon, I've been thinking about modifying the recipe to make Buffalo Chicken. There is this sports bar we used to go to all the time to watch Steelers games and they have amazingly delicious boneless wings. I heart wings but always opt for boneless when it's an option. I'm thrilled to be able to say I can now make AleHouse Zingers at home! :) So any of you looking to warm up, try this recipe...if you don't like too much heat you can increase the butter and reduce the hot sauce.

Boneless Buffalo Chicken

1lb chicken tenders

1.5cups breadcrumbs

2 eggs, lightly beaten

1/4 cup olive oil

2 T butter

1/2 cup Frank's Hot Sauce (has to be Frank's, it's the BEST)

3/4 cup blue cheese crumbles

1. Season breadcrumbs with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken tenders in breadcrumbs. Dip in egg and then dredge back through breadcrumbs.

2. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet. Add chicken and cook 4 minutes per side or until golden.

3. Transfer chicken to a baking sheet and bake at 425 until cooked through (about 10 minutes).

4. Meanwhile, melt the butter and mix in the hot sauce.

5. Drizzle sauce over baked chicken and top with blue cheese crumbles.

2 comments:

Southern Gal said...

Oh that looks so good! I've really been craving fried food lately, so maybe I'll make that this weekend with a comparison of sweet potato fries, butternut squash fries, & your homemade potato chips! I'll let you know how it turns out. Happy Halloween!

Heather said...

this sounds so tasty! right up our alley. and yes- i agree- we are silly, but it IS cold!