Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Homemade Potato Chips

A while back I mentioned the Village Tavern, a favorite restaurant of ours. I did forget to mention in that post, however, that they have the BEST homemade chips in the world. There, I said it. We always order them a little on the softer side and with plenty of "full fat" ranch for dipping (loathe fat free ranch). So when I pulled out our favorite turkey burger recipe, I thought I would try my hand at making our own chips...



For these little guys, I just thinly sliced a baking potato and coated them with a little olive oil before baking at 375 for about 25 minutes. Then I just tossed them with some salt and rosemary to complement the herbs in the turkey burgers. So simple!

2 comments:

Southern Gal said...

Oh, those look soooo good! I'm in a rut of making either baked sweet potato fries or butternut squash fries when I make burgers - I'll have to try these next time!

Christie Stump said...

You should post your sweet potato and butternut squash fry recipes! I would love to see how you make those!