This recipe was SO good. I've been craving chicken wings but not allowing myself to give in since vacation is just one week away (yay!)...so this dish helped! We had it with Blue Cheese Tomatoes since every one knows you can't have wings without blue cheese. And don't worry if you don't like your wings too spicy...the butter and hot sauce combo really cuts down on the heat!
(Source: Gourmet, May 2008)
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup Frank's Redhot Sauce
1/3 cup panko
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 (2-lb) piece salmon fillet with skin
1. Preheat oven to 425°F with rack in upper third. Lightly oil a shallow baking pan.
2. Melt butter with hot sauce and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper over medium heat. Set aside 1/4 cup sauce.
3. Toss panko with oil in a bowl.
4. Put salmon, skin side down, in baking pan and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper, then brush with remaining sauce.
5. Sprinkle panko evenly over top of fish, then bake until panko is golden and fish is just cooked through, 16 to 22 minutes. Serve reserved sauce on the side.