Thursday, August 7, 2008

Say Cheese!

Remember that Friends episode where Joey says his favorite food is fried stuff with cheese? I couldn't agree more on the cheese part (well, and the fried stuff too if I'm honest, but I don't let myself eat that!).

I pulled this Marinated Mozzarella recipe from a Southern Living last year and found it again last week when I was trying to find picnic type foods to take along to go see Casablanca at Leu Gardens with some friends. This recipe does require some planning ahead since it has to sit for at least 8 hours but it really couldn't be simpler. And I found some adorable bright pink flamingo picks (so Floridian!) which made it even easier to eat!

Unfortunately, the weather didn't cooperate and allow us to see the movie....but we still enjoyed a great inside "carpet picnic" with friends!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Bummer! I didn't know it rained that night! We need to try to go to the next one for sure!

Kara said...

So you don't like goat cheese, huh? I might research other mild cheeses, then, because I'm not 100% sure if feta will work... the salad dressing is definitely more sweet than savory so throwing in a saltier cheese (like feta) might throw it off. WE LOVED the creaminess and mild flavor of the goat cheese but I'm absolutely positive that you really can't go wrong with this dressing so experiment away!