Monday, July 14, 2008

Shrimp Seagull

Can you tell that shrimp has been on sale lately? :) This dish is one of our favorites. The original recipe came from a close family friend ages ago so I've been enjoying this meal for as long as I can remember. I'm not exactly sure where the name came from....I assure you there's no poultry in the dish!



Shrimp Seagull

1-2 lbs peeled shrimp
1 green pepper, diced
1 lg onion, diced
2 lg tomatoes, diced
1/2 lb mushrooms, chopped
8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
3 T Old Bay
Salt, Pepper and White Wine to taste

1. Combine veggies, and cheese and toss with Worcestershire sauce and spices.

2. Spread peeled shrimp in a 13x9 pan and cover with veggie mixture.

3. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until shrimp are done.

4. Pour off excess juices.

5. Serve over rice.

2 comments:

Kara said...

Okay - completely jealous that you are getting to enjoy shrimp so much! YUM But tonight's dinner? I will be there... what time?! (and ah-hem, how do you make veal scallopine, I can barely even pronounce that!)

Christie Stump said...

This is my first attempt so we'll see how it goes! If you don't see a fabulous post about it tomorrow, well, I guess that will speak for itself! :)