Sunday, July 13, 2008

Shrimp Sandwiches with Tarragon-Caper Mayo

I pulled out the recipe below to use as a quick week night dinner for an evening when I had a meeting but still wanted my husband to have something to resort to other than a microwave meal! I made one for myself before running out the door...and while I thought they had a good flavor, I thought the consistency was not so great (a little too mushy). I'm big on consistency (don't like jello for example...and definitely not jello with chunks of fruit in it! eek!). Maybe more celery next time to add some more crunch?




Shrimp Sandwiches with Tarragon-Caper Mayo
(Adapted from Bon Appetit, August 2007)

3 T mayo
1 T drained capers, chopped
1 T grated Vidalia onion
2 pinches dried tarragon leaves
1 pinch celery seeds
7 dashes hot pepper sauce
1/4 cup finely chopped celery hearts
3 small soft sandwich rolls
1/2 lb cooked, peeled, and deveined shrimp, split horizontally
Tomato slices
Avocado slices
Romaine lettuce

1. Mix first 5 ingredients and hot sauce in medium bowl. Mix in celery and season with salt and pepper and hot sauce, if desired.

2. Spread mayo over bottom of each toasted bun. Top with shrimp, tomato, avocado, and lettuce.

No comments: