Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Nostalgic

I'm not spending too much time in the kitchen this week between evening meetings, dinner out with friends, and getting ready for company this weekend! Last night, we met a favorite couple of ours (and fellow Deacs!) at Village Tavern. Village Tavern is a fabulous little restaurant that any good Demon Deacon will remember fondly from our college town. The Village Tavern chain started in Winston-Salem and just recently opened up here in Orlando. It's been so much fun to go and remember the quaint original restaurant right off campus in Reynolda Village...and enjoy great food!

I've never had anything I didn't love at the Village Tavern. From shrimp and grits for brunch to wood-oven baked barbecue chicken pizza, they have a little of it all! I tried the Shrimp and Noodle Salad last night which featured 10 spice glazed shrimp served over greens and udan noodles in a lime cilantro dressing. Which made me think of this mouthwatering post I saw over at Susan's blog...and then I couldn't help but think of the Publix Greenwise shrimp I have in my freezer right now. So when I do get an evening free to cook again, you can expect to see Shrimp and Noodle salad on the menu for dinner! For tonight, it's simple chicken salad wraps with cucumber salad!


"Wake Forest University: Wait Chapel." Online Photograph. Britannica Student Encyclopædia. 23 July 2008 <http://student.britannica.com/eb/art-15252>.

1 comment:

Kara said...

YAY LOVE the Tavern! I get to go to a NC version next weekend... though we obviously need our own up here in DC.

But for now, tell me about the chicken salad wraps?!