Thursday, July 10, 2008

Grilled Pork Chops with Garlic Lime Sauce

There was a break in the evening rain storm pattern we've been stuck in for the past couple of weeks last night, so we were excited to get to use the grill again (and I'm sure the neighbors were pleased that we were also able to get the yard mowed after work!). And since I pick my recipes for the week based on what is on sale in the Publix weekly ad, I had some great looking pork loin chops ready and waiting.

This was a great weeknight meal! I really liked the citrusy vinaigrette over the pork chops. It was such a simple sauce but it really added a lot of flavor and made the meal.

(Source: Gourmet, July 2007)

1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 teaspoon dried hot red-pepper flakes
1/3 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
4 (1/2-inch-thick) boneless pork loin chops

1. Whisk together lime juice, garlic, red pepper flakes, and 1/4 tsp kosher salt. Slowly add oil in a steady stream whisking well. Whisk in cilantro and set aside.

2. Pat pork dry and season with salt and pepper.

3. Grill over direct medium-high heat for about 6 minutes total.

4. Drizzle garlic lime sauce over pork chops and serve remaining sauce on the side.



And here's another picture of Deacon at daycare today (that's him, dead center). Probably wondering why all the other dogs are resting when he's clearly ready to play.



3 comments:

Kara said...

I think I just found my recipe for dinner tomorrow night! I have some boneless pork loin chops defrosting as we type! YUM!

keLi said...

This picture looks like a surveillance photo snapped just before Deacon committed some sneaky thievery. You really should do a background check on these doggy daycare people. Could be they're actually using your pedigreed pup to smuggle hashish across the border.

Christie Stump said...

Eek! I always check him thoroughly for bite marks or scratches...totally forgot about hashish!! :)