Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Turn that Frown Upside Down....with Cake!

One of my favorite food blogs is Food Blogga where Susan always has amazing recipes and photos....many of them even healthy! When I saw this Fresh Cherry and Peach Upside-Down Cake, I just had to try it! I've been buying cherries by the shoppingcart-full while they've been on sale at Publix!


It turned out amazing (if not quite as pretty as Susan's!)! The cake is really light and the brown sugar and butter glazed peaches and cherries are a fantastic topping. We like the cake best served warm with a little bit of whipped cream.

*One little tip: I don't own a cherry pitter so I had to improvise for this cake. I found a plastic decorating tip for spreading frosting that worked perfectly for pitting! I just removed the cherry stems, inserted the small end of the tip where the stem had been, and pushed the pit out to the other side.


I've never met a dessert I didn't like...just ask my family. But at least this one has fruit, right?!

2 comments:

Kara said...

Isn't Susan's blog the best? Beautiful pictures, great tips and amazing recipes that have ALL been right on when I've had the chance to try them. And now YOU'VE enticed ME! This one looks good - I just splurged and did Peabody's apple and blackberry crisp and then a raspberry clafoutis from Susan's Beautiful Bones event so I might have to wait on another fruit dessert but this will be next!

Kara said...

By the way, for pizza and dough... do you put your untopped dough on the pizza stone before topping it? That's my secret, at least. Though check out this post http://foodblogga.blogspot.com/2008/01/homemade-fennel-sausage-and-rapini.html on Food Blogga (no surprise) if you're having trouble with the crust. Mine wasn't perfect this time at all but I was experimenting with whole wheat flour... it's a work in progress. But homemade pizza... SO GOOD.