Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Turkey Burgers with Grilled Onion Rings

I'm sure we've all had a not-so-great experience with the ol' turkey burger. They can be dry and crumbly and just not worth the saved calories and fat grams! This recipe for turkey burgers caught my eye mainly because of the fresh herb marinade...which seemed to me like a solution for dry burgers. Or at least a step in the right direction!


I'm not big on basting so I ended up mixing the 2 T of marinade directly in with the ground turkey. The result was an anything but dry, incredibly tasty turkey burger! Even my husband raved and he knew it was turkey (I usually have to try to sneak that by...and I'm usually unsuccessful!). We grilled the onion rings in the recipe too and they were excellent on top of the burgers with freshly shaved parmesan and spicy mustard. We'll definitely be making these burgers again...soon!

2 comments:

Kara said...

Seriously - so putting the rest of us to shame. You must cook like 6-course meals on the weekends if this is your weeknight dinner! I'm sure Jake is a happy man. :-)

Regardless, we LOVE turkey burgers and will be trying this one THIS week! YUM

Christie Stump said...

I promise they are all such easy recipes! And it keeps me busy until Jake gets home from work! :)

Let me know how the burgers turn out!!