This recipe is a "go-to" side dish in our house. It goes so well with chicken, pork, and fish and is even great on top of couscous, rice, or a green salad. We have a teacher friend of my mom's to thank for this salad. I've always stuck to the recipe as it appears below but I think it would also be great with some fresh cilantro, diced tomato and corn.
Three Bean Salad
1 can (15 oz) black beans
1 can (15 oz) dark red kidney beans
1 can (19 oz) chickpeas
1 bunch green onions (for about 1/4 cup chopped)
1/2 red bell pepper
1/3 green or yellow pepper
1 clove fresh garlic
1/4 c red wine vinegar
3 T olive oil
1/4 t ground cumin
1. Drain and rinse all of the beans. Place in a medium sized bowl.
2. Slice the whites and enough of the green tops of the green onions to make 1/4 cup. Add to the beans.
3. Seed and finely chop the bell peppers and add to the bowl.
4. Make the dressing by mincing the garlic and whisking with the vinegar, oil, and cumin.
5. Drizzle over the beans and toss well to coat
6. Serve immediately or refrigerate!
This salad keeps well in the refrigerator for up to 3 days!
4 Easy Ways to Use Leftover Pasta by Bridget
1 hour ago