Friday, June 6, 2008

Here we go...


I'm not entirely sure where to begin. I wanted to start a blog as a way to stay in touch with family and friends and after being inspired by all the foodie blogs I check out daily (which I have my friend Kara to thank for since I found them after getting hooked on her fabulous blog). I'm hoping this will be a place to share favorite recipes and fun happenings!

Becoming a wife (2 years ago! Hard to believe!) and being responsible for what someone else had for dinner led me to start spending more time in the kitchen. And in the process, I found out I really ENJOY cooking and baking (the planning of meals and grocery shopping I could do without though!). So now I'm taking it to the world wide web, I guess! :)

I don't so much have any fabulous recipes or pictures of the results just yet....but stay tuned! In the meantime, here's a picture of our little furbaby, Deacon (what else did you expect from 2 Wake Forest alums). He's a 6 month old Golden Retriever and we're definitely teetering on the edge of becoming "those" people that are completely obsessed with their dog! He's been a lot of fun, a lot of laughs, and a little bit of pure destruction!

3 comments:

Chuck said...

Teetering?!? You two are over the edge... He is quite the pup, tho.

I, for one, certainly enjoy your new found interest in the culinary arts.

Kara said...

YAHOOOOO!! So glad you decided to join "us"!! I've added your link to my illustrious (HA!!) list... and can't wait to follow your life and food adventures!

MC said...

I can't believe that we entered into the blogosphere at the same time. Too funny!