Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Avocado Mango Salsa

This week at Publix they featured a tropical fruit sale...which meant all kinds of great fruit like pineapples, mangoes, etc were on sale...which meant I left the store with a towering shopping cart!

This recipe for Avocado Mango Salsa got great reviews on epicurious. I'm not entirely sure I'm convinced though. It was definitely tasty but I felt like it was missing something. I think next time I'll try adding some cilantro as some of the reviewers suggested. I also thought the jalapeno was really powerful in the salsa and would probably tone that down next time. I like some heat but with the fruit and avocado it was almost overwhelming.

It did jazz up some grilled chicken and was good on tortilla chips too! So while it wasn't my favorite salsa ever, I think it definitely has potential!

Avocado Mango Salsa

1 mango, peeled, seeded, and diced
1 tomato, seeded and diced
2 green onions, finely sliced
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 jalapeno, minced
1 avocado, peeled, seeded and diced

1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl. (Can be made up to 3 hours ahead and refrigerated)

2. Stir in avocado and season with salt and pepper when ready to serve.


1 comment:

Kara said...

GREAT picture! So colorful! And yup - definitely cilantro would be a great addition. My mom just sent me a recipe for avocado-mango grilled chicken salad with chili-lime dressing... I'll let you know how that is once I figure out how to pick a mango.